BCS-sponsored Tickets for IEEE DSC 2022
BCS sponsors 5 tickets for attendees from Scottish universities, colleges, and non-profitable organisations to attend this 3-day conference, including the keynote speeches, all sections, refreshments, and lunch.
- Complete ALL sections. Please use capitals throughout.
- Send your completed application, the proof of current student or employment status, and a letter of support from the supervisor or head of the department by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘[Your_Name] Application for a BCS-sponsored Ticket for IEEE DSC 2022’ in the subject line.
- The result of your application will be sent to you by email.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- Preference will be given to applicants, from Scottish universities, colleges, and non-profitable organisations, that do not present a paper at the conference. The rationale for this criterion is that the participation costs for a presenting author should be covered by their home institution.
- Attendees presenting posters are encouraged to apply though. The rationale is to support the participation of students who do not present papers but contribute to the conference in other ways.
- Students showing evidence of a serious interest in dependable and secure computing, as demonstrated by coursework and/or project experience, will be required. Advanced students close to graduation or in the job market will also be given priority, when possible.
- We particularly encourage the participation of women and underrepresented minorities. Special attention will be given to applicants from minority-serving institutions.
- After giving priority to the above criteria, (co-)authors of papers may be considered but will be given lower priority. The rationale is to support people that contribute to the conference and cannot attend otherwise due to budget or other constraints. (An example is a student who is a second author but does not present and would not be able to attend the conference otherwise. Another example is a postdoc who presents work with a past affiliation or without affiliation and thus is not supported either by his/her past or current institution. In both cases, the applicant and the letter-writer should explain in their letters why it is impossible to support the applicant from other sources.)
Guidance for Letter of Support from Supervisor or Head of Department. A strong letter of support will demonstrate the following:
- Case for financial need and the justification for the amount requested.
- What the benefit of attending the IEEE DSC 2022 conference would be to the applicant’s career.
- Application: 15 June 2022
- Notification: 17 June 2022
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.