Camera Ready Instructions
All final manuscripts must be written in English and should not exceed eight (8) printed pages (or ten (10) printed pages with over length charge) for both accepted IEEE DSC 2022 Main Track Regular papers and joint Workshop papers, two (2) printed pages for accepted IEEE DSC 2022 Experience and Practice Track papers, six (6) printed pages for accepted SICSA Event papers, and four (4) printed pages for accepted SICSA Event posters, inclusive of figures, tables, references and appendix using IEEE Conference Proceedings Manuscripts style (two-columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts). Please note that if your paper was submitted as a regular paper but was accepted as an Experience and Practice paper, you must reduce its length to two (2) printed pages.
In exceptional cases, we will consider accepted IEEE DSC 2022 Main Track Regular papers and joint Workshop papers that can go beyond 10 pages. Please contact the TPC Co-Chair Yulei Wu (Y.L.Wu@exeter.ac.uk) to discuss such exceptional papers before submission.
The materials presented in the papers should not be published or under submission/review elsewhere. At least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the paper at the conference.
The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found on the IEEE website.
Step 1: Prepare your revised final manuscript
Address all reviewers’ comments and revise your paper accordingly before submitting the final camera-ready version. Please make sure that all Figures and Tables are of high quality and their content is easily readable. Please make sure also that your paper contains no headers, no footers (except for the IEEE copyright notice), and no page numbers. This information will be added by the conference publication team.
Including the IEEE copyright notice
Your camera-ready version must include a footer at the bottom of the left-hand column on the first page with the appropriate copyright notice:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-6654-2141-6/22/$31.00 ©2022 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-6654-2141-6/22/$31.00 ©2022 European Union
- For all other papers, the copyright notice is: 978-1-6654-2141-6/22/$31.00 ©2022 IEEE
Step 2: IEEE-Xplore-compatible PDF generation
The final paper must be converted into PDF with settings compliant with the requirements of the IEEE Xplore digital library. For this purpose, the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool should be used. PDF files generated in a different way might not be IEEE Xplore-compliant and could be rejected.
The instructions to generate an IEEE-Xplore-compatible PDF file using the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool are listed below.
- Create an IEEE PDF eXpress account using the following conference ID: 54232X
- The first time you access the IEEE PDFeXpress website, please follow the link at the bottom of the page “Create account”.
- After logging in, please submit the source files of your camera-ready (final) paper for conversion (e.g., DOC, DOCX, TEX and so on). Alternatively, you can also check the compliance of your generated PDF file.
- For each DSC 2022 camera-ready (final) paper that you want to process, click “Create New Title”, enter identifying text for the paper (the paper title is recommended), and then click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source File for Conversion”. You will now be prompted to upload your file. Click “Browse” to browse to your file and then click “Upload File”.
- Once the checking/conversion process is completed successfully, the account holder will receive an email with the verified or converted PDF file attached to it. This approved PDF file is labelled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp. This approved file – and not your original upload – is what you must submit to EasyChair as your camera-ready (final) paper.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Name your camera-ready (final) file using “CR-presenting author last name-EasyChair paper ID” (e.g., “CR-Thomas-68”).
For more detailed instructions and assistance with error messages, please refer to the “Using IEEE PDF eXpress” website here: https://www.pdf-express.org/frhelpnologin.asp.
Step 3: IEEE copyright transfer form submission
To include your accepted paper in both the conference proceedings volume and the IEEE Xplore digital library, one of the authors must fill and sign the IEEE copyright transfer form and return it to IEEE. The IEEE copyright transfer form can be filled in online easily through EasyChair. To do so, please follow the procedure below:
- IEEE requires that the author of every published paper sign a copyright agreement. As we add each accepted paper to the proceedings, the system will automatically send an email to each of the corresponding authors with detailed instructions on how to sign the copyright agreement through EasyChair. This form should be signed and submitted by the primary author before the camera-ready PDF is submitted.
- Please review and update all author information in EasyChair prior to submitting the Copyright form. The final author information for the proceedings will pull from EasyChair and not the final camera-ready paper itself. The IEEE Copyright Form must also match the EasyChair author demographic information exactly.
- NOTE: By signing the IEEE copyright form, you are affirming that the material in your paper is original and you have not previously released copyright for this paper to another party. Failure to submit the IEEE copyright form by the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Review the detailed IEEE Copyright Policy here.
Step 4: Final paper submission
Upload the PDF validated by IEEE PDF eXpress via the EasyChair page of your paper before
- The deadline of 30 April 2022 for IEEE DSC 2022 Main Track, and Experience and Practice Track papers; and
- The deadline of 20 May 2022 for joint Workshops and the SICSA Event.
Be sure to submit the approved camera-ready (final) PDF file that you received via email from IEEE PDF eXpress. This approved PDF file is labelled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp.
To submit your camera-ready (final) PDF file electronically please follow the steps below:
- Log in to EasyChair as you did to submit the original paper.
- Ensure ALL paper authors are included on the author list, and in the correct order.
- Check that all paper information in EasyChair matches the information on the camera-ready PDF file. Detailed information (title, abstract, etc) that will appear in the conference proceedings will be taken from EasyChair and not from the submitted PDF file.
- Click on the “Update File” link, browse to the approved PDF, and then upload. Depending on the size of your file and your internet connection speed, the file upload may take a few minutes. If the file is uploaded successfully then a confirmation message will be displayed. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation with the details of your submission.
As required by IEEE, all accepted papers will be scanned for possible plagiarism using CrossCheck, prior to publication in the proceedings.
If you have any questions about the above steps, please contact the Dr Yulei Wu (Y.L.Wu@exeter.ac.uk) or Dr Zhiyuan Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org)