Public transport services and safety advice change from time to time as a result of NSW Health requirements. Before you travel always check the timetable and follow all safety recommendations. Face masks are mandatory on all public transport.
Sydney to Wollongong and return – Train
South Coast line has two stops one is North Wollongong Station which is close to UOW, and second is Wollongong Station which is close to CBD.
Trains travel to and from Sydney Domestic and International Airports between 5am and midnight, 7 days a week.
The train station is located directly under the airport terminals and there are also taxi ranks at both airport terminals.
Finding the Station
- From Terminal 1 Arrivals, Exit A turn right and head to the end, or use the lift/escalator by Check In desk A.
Steps to reach Wollongong
- Catch the train and step down at Wolli Creek or Central Station.
- After stepping down at above mentioned stations, please change to a Port Kembla, Dapto or Bomaderry train (South Coast Line).
- To catch a train, you will need to get an Opal card or purchase an Opal single ticket. You can also pay using a contactless credit or debit card or mobile device to pay an Adult Opal fare.
- There is free bus service from North Wollongong station to reach University of Wollongong (Bus No: 9N on weekdays and 55A or 55C on weekends).
Note: The Transport for NSW Trip Planner provides scheduled train times. Search for a journey from the “International Airport” or “Domestic Airport” to “North Wollongong Station”. Alternately, using google maps is convenient and precise while commuting in public transport.
Leisure Coast Limousine Service & Airport Transfers
You can book your travel to Wollongong prior to your arrival by Airport Transfer Service provided by Leisure Coast Limousine Service.
- For more details, please refer to https://leisurecoastlimousine.com.au/airport-transfers/
- Request a booking at https://leisurecoastlimousine.com.au/request-a-booking/
Airport Pickup Services – University of Wollongong
The University offers a airport pickup service. Visitors will be collected from Sydney Airport International or Domestic terminal and transported directly to their accommodation destination.
A representative of Leisure Coast Limousines will meet you at the baggage collection area in the domestic terminal. The representative will have a sign with the UOW logo on it.
A representative of Leisure Coast Limousines will meet you at the Meeting Point which is a designated meeting area in the International Terminal (see photo below). The Meeting Point is between Gates A and Gates B in the Arrivals Hall. It is also located between the car hire desks and the Sim Planet store. The representative will have a sign with the UOW logo on it.
If you wish to use the airport pickup service, apply online.
Please ensure that your request is made at least 72 hours prior to arrival at Sydney Airport. Should your arrival time change whilst you are in transit, please update your Airport Pickup Request online, and contact UOW Student Residence on (02) 4221 3351 on your arrival in Sydney. A driver will collect you as soon as possible and take you directly to your accommodation.
University staff and non-student visitors to the University of Wollongong may apply online or contact Leisure Coast Limousines directly on (02) 4261 7393 for bookings and more information.