Resources for Authors
Because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19 and concerns about the health and safety of the attendees, the 2020 IEEE I&CPS Conference has become a virtual event. To comply with the presentation first policy, the Industry Applications Society has developed an alternate way for you to present your paper, have it posted to IEEE Xplore post conference, and be peer-reviewed for possible publication in either the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications or IAS Magazine.
Authors must follow the process below:
- At least one author from each paper must register and pay the appropriate non-refundable registration fee for the conference. This registration fee only entitles you to download the conference record and prerecorded presentations. In addition, each paper presented requires a separate paper (presentation) fee. Each paid author is limited to three presentations.
- You must complete a 10-minute presentation using voice over powerpoint (PPT) in MP4 format. You must use the PPT template linked below for your presentation.
- Upload your 10-minute presentation to the box.com directory linked here using the following naming convention: S1MPaperID_AuthorLastName_AuthorFirstName (for example: 2020-PSEC-1234_Doe_John). The S1M Paper ID is the manuscript ID assigned to your paper in ScholarOne Manuscripts and is now your paper is referenced in the ScholarOne Manuscripts Author Center. By uploading your presentation file, the author agrees to giving IEEE I&CPS the use of your recording.
- The upload site is password protected; you will receive the password to access the site via email from the Technical Vice Chair.
- Authors do not need to upload their paper; the papers currently uploaded to ScholarOne Manuscripts will be used for the conference record.
- We will post the presentations and papers to an access-controlled directory on www.box.com for 30 days from the conference go-live date (currently scheduled for June 29, 2020 but is subject to change) so that registrants of the conference can view your presentation and ask questions via email.
Provided you register at https://attend.ieee.org/icps-2020/registration/ for the conference and upload your presentation to the provided site by May 25, 2020, your paper will be included in the conference record and posted to IEEE Xplore post conference. Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
If you do not register with payment in full for the conference and provide the requested file, your paper will be treated as a no-show, not be posted to Xplore post conference, and be withdrawn from peer review for publication consideration. However, it will be an IEEE copyrighted paper and thus cannot be submitted to any other conference or publication.
If you decide you want to withdraw your paper and submit it to another conference in the future, you must notify the Department Technical Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM Eastern time May 18, 2020.