Call for Workshop Proposals
Aim of the IEEE ISC2 Workshops
In addition to exciting plenary talks, technical sessions, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, the 8th IEEE Annual International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2022) will feature a series of half and full-day workshops. The aim of the conference workshops is to offer opportunities to emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main conference sessions. Expected workshops should highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in Smart Cities, and include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion. IEEE ISC2 2022 Workshops will provide an opportunity for conference attendees to explore cutting-edge topics, acquire new insights and knowledge, and learn from best practices developed within Smart Cities projects.
Instructions for Prospective Workshop Organizers
Workshop Proposal Format
We invite the submission of workshop proposals. Each proposal is required to be within 5 pages, including the information listed below and follow the specified order:
- Title of the workshop;
- Workshop organizers:
- Names, affiliations and contact information;
- Half-day workshops: up to 2 workshop co-chairs;
- Full-day workshops: up to 3 workshop co-chairs;
- Rationale of the workshop:
- Why is the workshop current and significant?
- What makes this workshop standing out?
- Why will the workshop attract sufficient submissions with high quality?
- Why will the workshop attract more attendees in addition to the authors?
- In case this is a “workshop under project” that doesn’t entail paper submission, please explain how different actions as interaction or stakeholder engagement, panel discussion within the workshop, etc will take place.
- Scope and topics of the workshop;
- Planned format/program of the workshop:
- Half-day or Full-day
- A tentative schedule
- Number of papers expected to accept if applicable
- A short biography of the organizers;
- A dissemination plan for the CFP (call for papers)
Draft Call for Papers (CFP) – Submission and Publication of Workshop Papers
In order to comply with the high standards required by IEEE conferences, the workshop papers will undergo the rigorous review process of the IEEE ISC2 conference. All workshop papers should be submitted and managed through the Easy Chair platform. Accepted papers will require that at least one author registers for the conference and ensures that the work is presented during the workshop’s sessions as planned in the conference programme. It has to be mentioned that workshop papers will also have the chance for being considered for an extended version under the collaborative journals. More information about this will be available on the conference web site.
Submission of Workshop Proposals
Workshop Proposal applications should be submitted as a single PDF file online via Easy Chair at the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isc22022 and selecting the track “Workshops”.
Should you need further clarifications or have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Workshop Co-Chairs:
Dr. Christina Papadimitriou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus (email@example.com)
Dr. Gustavo Giannattasio, IEEE Technology and Management Society, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Important Times of Workshop Preparation
|Proposal Submission Deadline:
|April 25, 2022 AoE
|Notification of Selection:
|April 29, 2022 AoE
|Website for each workshop on:
|April 27, 2022 AoE
|Deadline for workshop paper submission:
|July 20, 2022 AoE
|August 07, 2022 AoE
|Camera-ready Submission of Accepted Papers and Author Registration
|August 15, 2022 AoE