What is the IEEE Smart Cities
IEEE Smart Cities brings together IEEE’s broad array of technical societies and organizations to advance the state of the art for smart city technologies for the benefit of society and to set the global standard in this regard by serving as a neutral broker of information amongst industry, academic, and government stakeholders.
The mission of the IEEE Smart Cities is:
1. To be recognized as the authoritative voice and leading source of credible technical information and educational content within the scope of smart cities identified below.
2.To facilitate and promote both the collaborative and individual work of its Member Societies regarding smart city technology.
IEEE Smart Cities Partners
The following IEEE Organizational Units are supporting IEEE Smart Cities activities.
1. IEEE Communications Society – Join IEEE ComSoc
2. IEEE Control Systems Society – Join IEEE CSS
3. IEEE Industry Applications Society – Join IEEE IAS
4. IEEE Power&Energy Society – Join IEEE PES
5. IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society – Join IEEE SMCS
6. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society – Join IEEE ITSS
7. Council on Electronic Automation Design – Join CEDA
8. Council on RFID – Join CRFID