Call for Special Sessions
The technical program of MMSP 2021 will include 3-4 special sessions on new or emerging topics related to multimedia signal processing, this year we particularly welcome sessions related to the main focus of MMSP 2021 that is the use of multimedia technologies for remote presence. Proposing sessions on other cross-disciplinary research is highly encouraged as well.
Each special session will consist of 4-5 oral presentations. The special session proposal should contain the following information:
- A title for the special session, the names and contact information of the organizers;
- A brief description of the session (up to one page);
- Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact information;
- 4-5 tentative papers with title, authors and short abstract.
Special session proposals will be evaluated immediately upon submission based on the timeliness of the topic, its uniqueness, and qualifications of the proposers. Accepted special sessions will be listed on the MMSP2021 website. To avoid multiple special sessions covering similar topics, it is likely that an accepted proposal will be combined with similar proposals. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper for the special session.
- Deadline for Special Session Proposals submission: April 30, 2021
- Notification of acceptance of the proposal: immediately upon submission
- Submission of papers for approved Special Sessions: extended – June 11, 2021
- Notification of papers acceptance: July 09, 2021
- Deadline for camera-ready papers: August 09, 2021
The papers should be formatted following the Author’s kit instructions. They should be submitted through the regular submission system and will undergo the same peer-review process as regular papers. Proponents of special sessions are invited to submit their proposals in pdf attached to an email to the address email@example.com, with the Subject line: ‘Special Session Proposal’.
We are looking forward to your proposals!