- Power Africa LOC is Organizing Airport Pick up at the Abuja Airport, Delegate should complete this form
- Conference registration now open, click here to register
- Participants are advise to make hotel reservations early due to other major events in the city in August. Special discounted rates are available.
- Full description of the half-day Technical Tour now available here. A great value for only $30/₦10,000 (including lunch). Followed by an optional professionally guided Cultural Tour of Abuja.
- IEEE Smart Village announces opportunity for travel support to the conference and participation in their pan-Africa program Learn more
- Descriptions of the terrific Tutorials and panel sessions now available. Read about the 4 all-day and half-day opportunities to advance your professional knowledge. Certificates of completion will be awarded Learn more.
Click here to generate an invitation letter for your employer to attend the Power Africa Conference.
- Conference registration commence 20th May, 2019
- Registration rates and dates available here
Welcome to Abuja
The IEEE PES-IAS Power Africa conference 2019 will be held in Abuja the Federal capital city of Nigeria which is located in the centre of the country.
Plenary and Guest Speakers
- 2018 PAC – Cape Town, South Africa
- 2017 PAC – Accra, Ghana
What is Power Africa Conference?
Join IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES), Industrial Applications Society (IAS) and IEEE Nigeria Section for the 6th Annual Power Africa Conference: “Power Economics and Energy Innovations in Africa”. Read More
The Conference will feature plenary sessions, panel sessions, technical papers, poster session, exhibition and tutorials. Read More
Venue: International Training Institute
Address: No 2, Lasale Street, Maitama, Off Shegari Way, Abuja, Nigeria.
New this year
- New Sessions & Tutorials
- Micro Grid Technologies, Design & Operations
- Safety of Off-Grid Systems
- Measuring Social Return on Investment
- Advancing Rural Electrification
- Entrepreneurship & Avenues for the Private Sector
- Conference: 20-23 August, 2019
- Call for Papers Open: 15th Nov, 2018
- Call for Papers Closed: 31st March, 2019
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: 18th May, 2019
- Camera-Ready Submission: 2nd June, 2019
- Early Bird Registration: 30th June, 2019
- Tentative day to day program now available, click here to download
As a sponsor, you have the opportunity to gain visibility and credibility amongst key players and individuals working in Europe, Asia and Africa Read More.
Our Technical Sponsors
IAS Conference Scholarship for Students
The IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) is giving ten (10) scholarship awards of 50,000 Naira only each to students in higher institutions in Nigeria to attend Power Africa conference.Only students who have registered for the conference with Conference Confirmation ID (at discounted rate of $100 or N36,000) are eligible.
Students should complete an on-line application form which will be assessed for the awards. The deadline for the application submission is August 3rd 2019. The awards will be announced on 10th August 2019. Please kindly complete the form below
Power Africa 2019 Competition
Join the IEEE POWER AFRICA CONFERENCE ENERGY ART COMPETITION 2019 Learn more.
Click below to download competition guidelines
Please complete the form in the link below to volunteer for Power Africa 2019
Call for Papers
The Call for Papers is now closed.
Camera Ready Submission Instructions
Click the button below to download
As a supporter, you have the opportunity to gain visibility and credibility amongst key players and individuals working in Europe, Asia and Africa Read More.
IEEE Smart Village
IEEE’s global community of Smart Village “Energy Entrepreneurs” will once again gathering at this year’s conference to share lessons learned, advance access to resources, and introduce this IEEE institute wide program to aspiring micro-utility developers Learn more about IEEE Smart Village.
IEEE Smart Village program supports talented individuals, who aspire to become Entrepreneurs or Volunteers, with leadership opportunities & financial scholarship (up to $1,500) to participate in the Power Africa Conference in Nigeria. Limited availability by competitive application Learn more and apply.