Information for presenters
Accepted papers will be presented on each day of the conference (24-27 June) in parallel sessions grouped by subject topics. Authors of accepted papers should be aware that they, or a delegate notified and approved by the conference organizers, are expected to present the paper in person at the conference, in order for their paper to be included in the conference proceedings and uploaded to IEEE Xplore.
Technical Session presentations are scheduled in the mornings (except on 24th) and in the afternoons, in time slots of 1 hour and 40 minutes, as detailed in the conference programme. Five parallel themed Special Sessions or European Projects Sessions or Technical Sessions or Transaction Sessions will be hosted in each of the time slots, with 6 papers presented in each session.
Each presenter will have 12 minutes for the presentation followed by 3 minutes for clarifying questions from the audience. Timings will be strictly enforced.
No template is provided and presenters are encouraged to optimize their presentations for a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Only Microsoft Power Point (ppt/pptx) or PDF files will be accepted. Mac users should be advised that the display computers will be Windows and are strongly encouraged to check compatibility (including font and slide layout) before presentation.
Prior the Session
- Presenters are asked to determine their scheduled slot for presentation in the conference programme.
- Presentation must be uploaded to the conference computer during the coffee break before the starting of the scheduled session. In particular:
- session 08:30–10:10 Presenters must upload the presentation 15 minutes prior to the start of the session
- session 10:30–12:10 Presenters must upload the presentation during the morning coffee break (10:10 – 10:30)
- session 14:20–16:00 Presenters must upload the presentation during dessert&coffee break (14:00 – 14:20)
- session 16:10–17:50 Presenters must upload the presentation during dessert&coffee break (14:00 – 14:20)
- To ensure the smooth running of sessions with minimal delays, all presentations must be uploaded. It will not be possible to present from your own laptop.
- Presenters are asked to contact their Session Chair before the session if they have any questions. Session chairs will be detailed in the programme once finalized.
During the Session
- Each accepted paper must be presented in the scheduled session. Absence of the presenter will be taken as NO-SHOW by the Session Chair and the paper manuscript will be excluded from IEEE Xplore upload.
- Please keep strictly to the time limit given (12 minutes per presentation), this will be strictly enforced.
The poster sessions form a key part of the conference programme and are scheduled without other presentations in parallel to ensure maximum delegate participation. Posters will be presented on each day of the conference (24-27 June) from 13:00 to 14:20 in the same area of the desserts and coffee after lunch. Small themed Poster Sessions (up to 10 papers) are organized in order to let oral presentations to the Chairs and delegates by the Authors.
The allowed formats to plot the poster are: A0 portrait: width 84.1 cm x length 118.9 cm (33.1 inch x 46.8 inch), and A1: 59.4 cm x 84.1 (23.4 inch x 33.1 inch). The poster boards will not be able to accommodate posters wider than this (so do not bring A0 landscape). Other formats will not be accepted. No template is provided.
A full poster is required. Printouts of presentation slides will not be displayed and will not be counted as presented. The corresponding paper manuscript will be excluded from the IEEE Xplore upload.
The absence of a presenter during the scheduled session will be taken as NO-SHOW by the Session Chair and the corresponding paper manuscript will be excluded from the IEEE Xplore upload.
Presenters are asked to contact their Session Chair before the session if they have any questions. Session chairs will be detailed in the programme once finalized.
Prior the Session
- Presenters should display their posters starting from 10:10 of the day of their poster session. Suitable materials and volunteers will be on hand to help you.
- Each poster board will be labelled with the number of the corresponding poster session and paper ID. Presenters are asked to look for their number in the conference programme.
During the Session
- Presenters must attend their scheduled session 5 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Presenters are required to be in the session room at their poster location during the entire poster session.
- Poster sessions will be led by dedicated Chairs who will introduce the presenters who have up to 5 minutes to present their work. Timings will be strictly enforced. This will be followed by a brief Q&A.
After the Session
- Presenters are required to remove their posters after the session has ended.