Call for Tutorials
The IEEE PES PowerTech 2019 welcomes proposals for tutorials from scientists or professionals who have significant expertise in the selected topic and whose recent work has had a significant impact in their field.
The format of each tutorial will be up to the organizer(s), but the focus should be on well-organized, systematic presentations of didactic value.
Perspective tutorial organizers should complete their proposal using the attached template and send it by e-mail to: email@example.com with subject: [TUTORIAL] and CC: Sonia Leva, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Emanuele Ogliari, email@example.com, of the IEEE PowerTech 2019 Organizing Committee.
The proposed tutorial:
- Length must be half day (4 hours) or full day (8 hours).
- Tutorial organizer should first get the tutorial technically approved by the relevant PES Technical Committee (TC), or technical organization.
The following information must be included (template):
- Title of tutorial.
- Abstract/description of approximately 150 words.
- A summary of topics and a brief description of what is covered by each topic.
- Organization of the tutorial – this should show the timeslots allotted to each topic. An eight hour tutorial should allow for at least 7.5 hours excluding break.
- Instructor names and biographies (approximately 125 words).
- Email addresses of organizer and all instructors.
Presenter(s) agrees to:
- Use the PES template (http://www.ieee-pes.org/pes-powerpoint-templates ). Presenter information and company logo may be on first and last slide only.
- Permit PDF version of slides printed 2 per page to be distributed to registrants.
- Provide signed copy of profit sharing agreement and W-8/W-9.
- Proposal Submissions Due: October 31, 2018
- Final Decision Date: December 1, 2018
- Draft PowerPoint Due: April 25, 2019
- Final due: May 15, 2019