Important: The address of the Barceló Santo Domingo Hotel is the following: February 27 esq. Máximo Gómez, National District, Santo Domingo, 10203.
Currency Exchange: 1 USD = $53 pesos dominicanos
Upon arrival at Las Américas International Airport, you will notice that at the end of the tracks where your luggage is delivered, there is a space dedicated to the airport departure taxis, in this place they can give you prices for your destination. These taxis only accept payment in cash (they accept dollars, but it is regularly more expensive). You can also choose to use the Uber and Cabify options.
For other transport options from the airport to the hotel, You can use Uber or Cabify. The estimated prices are the following:
It is worth mentioning that some of these services accept payments in cash, but only with the national currency (DOP), and of course, all of these accept payment by card through the app.
The estimated time you will spend from the Airport to the hotel is around 45 min.
Places of Interes
- Zona Colonial de Santo Domingo. During the day cultural tours are made. Excellent option for nightlife.
- Malecón de Santo Domingo.
- Museo Alcázar de Colón.
- Museo del Hombre Dominicano.
- Jardín Botánico Dr. Rafael Ma. Moscoso.
- Parque Zoológico Nacional.
- Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos.
- Estadio Quisqueya, currently in the middle of the Dominican professional baseball season.
- It is recommended to change your cash at banks or exchange offices at the airport or hotel.
- If one of the transport applications is used, it is highly recommended to verify that the plates and the name of the driver is the one assigned to you on the app.