Paper Template and Length
Provisional and final full papers should follow the IEEE two-column conference paper template (US letter)
The total length of full papers is a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of six (6) pages, including references and appendices. Papers longer than six pages will be rejected.
Paper review is single-blinded. Please indicate the name and affiliation of the authors, following the template format.
Papers First Submission
Provisional papers must be submitted in pdf format to http://submit.ieee-ies.org/submit/sled19/
Enter the “Authors” page. After clicking the “Enter New” button, follow the instructions of the On-line Document Submission Form.
Follow these steps to prepare and submit your accepted final paper.
- Conference Registration: Every accepted paper should be linked to a non-student conference registration by one of the paper authors. Up to two papers can be linked to one full registration; the registrant must be an author on each paper. The link for registration will be released soon.
- Take into consideration the reviewers’ comments. Your final submission will be checked to ensure that the comments are addressed and that it meets IEEE’s quality standards. Furthermore, all final papers will be checked using a plagiarism detection system.
- Copyright Notice: Add the appropriate copyright notice on the bottom of the first page of each paper:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-0766-0/19/$31.00©2019 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-0766-0/19/$31.00 ©2019 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-0766-0/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
- IEEE Compliant PDF: Proofread your paper thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision. Create an IEEE Xplore compliant PDF file using the IEEE PDF eXpress service, using 46452X as the conference ID: https://www.pdf-express.org/
If you have used PDF eXpress before in other conferences, log in using your existing account and verify that your contact information is valid. If you have not used the service before, create a new account as instructed in the site. IMPORTANT: Any changes made to a PDF file after IEEE PDF eXpress conversion or PDF Checking may invalidate Xplore compatibility.
- Submit the Final File: Upload the final IEEE compliant PDF file before the deadline of July 27, 2019, using the following link: http://submit.ieee-ies.org/submit/sled19/
- IEEE Copyright Form: Corresponding author must complete and sign the online IEEE Copyright Form on behalf of all authors. This form can only be completed electronically, printed versions are not permitted. Manuscripts without a completed copyright form will not be accepted for publication. After submitting the final paper, the online IEEE Copyright Form is accessible at the online submission system.
- All Papers Must Be Presented: The Technical Program Committee (TPC) reserves the rights to exclude a paper from the conference proceeding (removing it from IEEE Xplore) if no author is physically present at the conference during the scheduled time to present the paper. In limited cases (such as due to a visa problem or emergency situation), the TPC may allow a substitute presenter who is not an author. This request must be sent via email to the Technical Program Chair no later than September 6th, 2019.
Instruction for Oral Sessions Presenters
• Single track oral sessions will be held at the Energy Center Auditorium. Please check the time of your talk on the program.
• Allotted time will be divided in 19 minutes for the presentation + 5 for questions and discussion + 1 for speaker change. Sessions are tightly scheduled and the allotted time must be strictly observed.
• Presentations will be screened using the in-room Windows PC machine. The PC is connected with a full HD, 16:9 projector. Presentations must be brought to the session on a USB stick and must be loaded in advance (e.g. during breaks) on the in-room PC.
• All oral presentations must be prepared using the Microsoft PowerPoint format (.pptx). Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or later. PDF presentations will also be admitted. In preparing your presentation, please keep in mind the resolution of the projectors.
• Important note for Macintosh users: for PowerPoint presentations to be correctly displayed on Windows PCs, they should be prepared using a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc., since special fonts might be changed to a default font on a Windows PC.
• Use of personal laptops for presentations is discouraged to avoid delays due to connecting the speaker’s computer. Remember, the session schedule is strict: if you use your own laptop for your presentation, any additional time required to connect it to the conference display system will count as part of your presentation time.
• Speakers are required to be in the session room at least 10 minutes before their session begins.
Instruction for Poster Session Presenters
• The poster session will be held in the Foyer of the Energy Center Auditorium on September 10, starting at 10.35, during the coffee break.
• You will find the poster slots numbered. Please, check your poster’s number on the Conference Program, and make sure that your poster is set up by the time of session start. Pins will be provided.
• The mandatory poster format is A1, vertical (594 x 841).
For any further information please contact the organizing secretariat in advance.