Things to do in Raleigh
Plan a trip to Raleigh, with events, things to do, foodie news, and other interesting things about our capital.
Explore the museum and celebrate the twenty-fifth annual Reptile and Amphibian Day – the nation’s largest and most popular event dedicated to hopping, slithering, and crawling critters!
There will be presentations in the Daily Planet Theater and the Windows on the World stage throughout the day, as well as dozens of exhibits featuring live animals, crafts and activities! This event is perfect for all ages — from the youngest tadpoles to the oldest tortoises.
Join in on the fun at the parade, followed by a festival celebrating St Patrick’s Day most of Saturday. The parade starts near the hotel at 10am, with some roads near the hotel blocked off starting Friday evening, so be aware that travel times may take longer than normally expected on Friday and Saturday.
Raleigh’s Nuv Yug Team is excited to announce 17th annual fun filled India Fest event, held during the weekend of March 14-15, 2020.
Come and Experience Indian Cultural Arts through Fun Dances, Music, Fashion, Crafts, Cuisine and Exhibition. The event is free and open to the public.
The R-Line is a free bus that takes you to many of the points of interest and eateries in the Raleigh area. The trip takes approximately 30 minutes, with a pickup approximately every 15 minutes.
The complete list of stops and route map can be found here, with R13 located directly in front of the convention center (opposite side from the hotel). Note that the R-Line may not be running to all stops on Friday and Saturday due to the St Patrick’s Day parade.
- NC Museum of Natural Science
- NC Museum of History
- Marbles Kids Museum and Imax
- Raleigh City Market
- NC State Capitol building
- NC Legislative Building
- Raleigh Symphony
- Progress Energy Performing Arts Center
- Rye Bar and Southern Kitchen (casual venue, NC eats, hotel lobby)
- The Pit (American, NC barbecue, soul food)
- Poole’s (American)
- Bittersweet (Desserts, cocktail bar)
- Videri Chocolate Factory (bean to bar chocolate factory)
- Beasley’s Chicken and Honey (Southern, American)
- Bida Manda (Laotian, Asian Fusion, Thai)
- Raleigh Times Bar (American pub, beer and banjos)
- Death and Taxes (American, steak, cocktail bar)
- Flying Saucer (pub food, lots of beers on draft/bottles)
- The Big Easy (Cajun, creole, New Orleans, live music)
- The Green Light (intimate speakeasy hidden behind a bookcase)