In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainty in travelling, and based on a survey we performed, we had no other choice but to move IEEE SSCI 2021 to a fully virtual conference. We have opted for a format where each contributed presentation will require submission of a pre-recorded video, available during the original dates of the conference and on-demand after the conference concludes.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This will be posted within your presentation time slot on the IEEE SSCI 2021 on-demand virtual platform. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below).
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries.
Instructions for recording your presentation:
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video no later than October 30, 2021. This is a HARD DEADLINE. Presentations will not be accepted after this date.
Guidelines for preparing your video:
Duration: 10 minutes
File size: 300 MB max
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
You will receive a submission link and additional information to submit your work no later than
October 18, 2021. Please prepare your presentation and additional submission data prior to the
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to IEEE SSCI 2021.
Papers without a video presentation will be treated as a no-show case and consequently those papers will not be published in the proceedings.