Creating a safe, worry-free experience is our top priority
The SSCI 2021 conference Organizing Committee remains vigilant in monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. SSCI is planned as a hybrid format with both onsite and virtual options that will allow participants who, for a variety of reasons, may not be able to join the in-person conference in Orlando, FL, USA.
Keeping You Safe – Working closely with the Caribe Royale Hotel in Orlando as well as Federal, State, and Local public health officials, we will incorporate required safety protocols to provide participants a safe, positive, and productive in-person experience to meet your goals.
Before traveling to the conference, we recommend that you stay informed of any information your local health agencies may make available. Please take the required precautions to protect yourself.
For the latest information on what the hotel is doing to maintain health and safety protocols, you may review their COVID-19 Update here: https://www.cariberoyale.com/covid-19-update/
What You Can Do to Help Onsite
Maintaining the safety of event participants remains a priority and requires a personal commitment by everyone in attendance to abide by health-and-safety-beneficial conduct while in attendance. We encourage you to follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases at the event:
- If you are not well, consider staying home.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
- Discourage physical greetings like handshakes, high fives, fist or elbow bumps, and hugs.
Please visit the event website https://attend.ieee.org/ssci-2021/ for the latest updates.