IEEE CyberPELS 2020
The 2nd IEEE Workshop on Cybersecurity of Power Electronics Systems Miami, Florida
Cybersecurity of power electronics is increasingly essential as more systems from electrical grids, electrified transportation, data centers and internet-of-things utilize power electronics with embedded sensor, converter, and actuation and control mechanisms through various wired and wireless connections, which imposes a new security and safety risks from potential cybersecurity threats. Power electronics needs to define hardware hardening, especially in the design phase, to guard embedded components and their influence on the system from incidental and deliberate interferences by cyber-physical attacks. Emerging requirements in hardware hardening across components, usage, and communication modes are the focus of this workshop. As a key element of the Cyber-Physical Security Initiative by IEEE PELS, this workshop is organized in cooperation with the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the IEEE Transportation Electrification Community.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Firmware compromise detection and integrity verification
- Hardening internal and external power electronics communications
- Cyber-physical attacks and approaches for hardware hardening
- Secure firmware update and patching, including over the air updates (OTAU)
- Secure designs for power electronics devices
- Integration of hardware- and software-based hardening solutions
- Prototypes, testbeds, and demonstrations
- Application specific needs and approaches for secure power electronics hardware (e.g. in distributed energy resources (DER), electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and data centers)
- Device-level and system-level cybersecurity challenges and solutions
For Digest Submission:
Submit the two-page digests by Feb 17 2020 to the technical program chair Dr. Burak Ozpineci at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected digests will be invited to present at the workshop, and full papers will be indexed in IEEEXplore.
- 2 pages Digest Submission
Deadline : 17th February, 2020.
- Decisions about the digest will be announced by email from 15th – 18th March, 2020.