The ISTAS 2021 Conference Committee is seeking student volunteers from any post-secondary institution to work as Session Facilitators during the virtual conference co-hosted by the University of Waterloo and University of Guelph. Undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines are welcome.
The time commitment for Session Facilitators is approximately 5 hours, and the position entails:
- Participating in a 1-hour training session in early October (Dates TBD);
- Attending 2-3 paper sessions at ISTAS21 (90-minutes each) to:
- Monitor the Zoom chat and conference platform message board;
- Connect participants and attendees with the platform’s tech support serviced, as needed.
Volunteers will be able to select the sessions they wish to facilitate (sign-up is on a first-come, first-served basis), and will receive:
- Guaranteed free registration for the conference (a value of $50 USD);
- First access to sign up for Student Mentoring Sessions with leading scholars in issues of tech, ethics, and equity.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email Alexi Orchard (ISTAS21 Student-Volunteer Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “ISTAS21 Volunteer”, and we will provide you with a Google Form for more information on scheduling and other logistical details.
More information about volunteering as a Conference Session Facilitator can be found at the Volunteer Opportunities page.