IEEE ISTAS 2019 has a rich program incorporating keynotes and plenaries, as well as parallel paper, workshop and panel sessions.
Click here to download the Program. The program will be updated from time to time to reflect changes in presenters.
Paper Sessions are grouped around Ethics and Human Values, Protecting the Planet, Societal Implications of Technology and Sustainable Development.
- Tom Coughlin, President IEEE-USA
- Babak Dastgheib-Beheshti, Director, IEEE Region 1
Plenary Sessions focus on
- Sustainable Development – Addressing Societal Challenges
- Creating Ethically Informed Standards
- Impact of Division VI Societies
- Brave New Brain-Tech: IEEE Neuroethics Program Development of Guidelines for Use of Neurotechnologies in Practice
Panels and Workshops focus on
- AI: Pervasive, Invasive and Persuasive
- Fair AI-Based Recruitment
Remote Access to Saturday Plenary Sessions
If you are unable to physically attend IEEE ISTAS 2019 and wish to view Plenary 4: Brave New Brain-Tech: IEEE Neuroethics Program Development of Guidelines for Use of Neurotechnologies in Practice via Livestreaming from 11:30 – 1pm on Saturday 16 November, please click here and register for this event.
IEEE SSIT is recording Plenary 3: Impact of IEEE Division VI Societies and will provide a link to the video for this important discussion between Society Presidents after IEEE ISTAS 2019.