The EUSFLAT Society awards a number of Student Grants finalized at partially covering expenses for taking part to the EUSFLAT conference. A Student Grant holder will be exempted from paying the student registration fee; an additional support to low-cost student accommodation and/or travel could be provided as well.
Terms and conditions
- The candidate must be co-author and presenter of an accepted paper. Therefore, the candidates must apply after they receive the notification of acceptance but not later than the final paper submission deadline. In case of multiple students who are co-authors of the same paper, only one student can apply for a grant.
- The candidate must be a EUSFLAT student member at the time of application.
- The candidate may have received at most one Student Grant before.
- Student Grants holders must attend the conference and present their papers.
- The application must be submitted via e-mail to the Local Organizing Committee of the conference (e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org). The e-mail must contain the EUSFLAT membership number and the number of the paper, the title and author(s) of the paper, a proof of student status (e.g., copy of a student University ID card), the name of the supervisor (and EUSFLAT ID if any), and it is recommended to add a support letter from the supervisor. There is no special form to apply for the grant.
The EUSFLAT board will undertake the selection process among the eligible students. Such a process will be based on the following main criteria: referee reports on the paper, time since the previous grant (if any), fair distribution among institutes and countries, EUSFLAT membership of supervisor(s). No communication on this matter is possible.
The EUSFLAT web page will keep a record of past grant holders in order to guarantee transparency.
The grant holders will be announced prior to the early registration deadline.
- Deadline to send an application to EUSFLAT (email@example.com): April 20th, 10:00am AOE time
- Notification of grant acceptance: April 27th
For further details please visit the official EUSFLAT Student Grants Program page.