Conference Areas of Interest
What is the conference about?
IEEE ETHICS-2021 will draw together the global technology and ethics community, including from industry, academia, government, and civil society, to explore ethical issues from technical, multicultural, and societal perspectives. The theme of ETHICS-2021 is “Engineering and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)”; it is timely and important as we approach the second quarter of the 21st century.
ETHICS-2021 (originally launched in 2014) will be convened in conjunction with the IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS21), the flagship conference of the IEEE’s Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT). Hosted by the University of Waterloo and University of Guelph (Ontario, Canada), ISTAS21 and ETHICS-2021 will take place primarily online; select in-person, live-streamed events will be held in Waterloo, Covid-19 restrictions permitting.
ETHICS-2021 Conference Topics include but are not limited to:
- Technology as a Tool for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Technology-centered Corporations
- CSR and Infrastructure Vulnerabilities
- Technological Disasters and Corporate Responses
- Corporate Alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals
- CSR and Engineering Ethics Education
- Ethics, Regulation and Technology
- Corporate Responses to Climate Change
- Corporate Digital Responsibility
- The Use and Misuse of Ethics Expertise in the AI/Computing Industry
- Social Media, Hate Crimes, and CSR
For complete details about ETHICS-2021 Topics of Interest, visit the Call for Papers.