Call for Workshop Proposals
Aim of the IEEE ISC2 Workshops
The 2020 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference will feature exciting keynotes, panels, technical sessions, and a series of workshops. The 2020 edition of IEEE ISC2 invites and welcomes the Smart Cities communities to submit proposals for workshops addressing current and future research and application topics relevant to the conference areas, addressing new trends and current state of practice to foster active discussions and interactions among participants on ongoing projects, preliminary results, activities of Smart Cities consortiums, and current community debates. IEEE ISC2 2020 Workshops will provide an opportunity for conference attendees to explore cutting-edge topics, acquire new insights and knowledge, and learn from best practices developed within Smart Cities projects.
Instructions for Prospective Workshop Organisers
Workshops may follow one of two formats: interest-group and open-call workshops. Organisers of interest-group workshops are expected to gather a group of prospective contributors to discuss on specific topics of interest, establishing an appropriate platform for international project consortiums (e.g., H2020 funded projects) and special-interest groups and communities to encourage progress and advance knowledge and practice in specific fields. Open-call workshops are well-tailored to trigger and motivate discussion on emerging and new ideas, constituting a welcoming environment for the scientific community and practitioners to incubate new ideas and trends on a co-creation basis.
Prospective Workshop organisers are invited to submit proposals (PDF file, maximum 5 pages) and include:
- Workshop title and acronym
- Scope and aim
- Topics of interest
- Format suggested for the session (Please note that IEEE ISC2 2020 is an online event.)
- In case of interest-group workshops, a list of prospective contributors and tentative titles of contributions
- List of keynotes planned and invited speakers
- Special issues planned to follow up the Workshop
- Short bios of organisers and contact details
- An indication whether the workshop is organised under any project consortium or special-interest communities
Submission and Publication of Workshop Papers
In order to comply with the high standards required by IEEE conferences, Workshop papers will undergo the rigorous review process of the IEEE ISC2 conference. All Workshop papers should be submitted and managed through the EDAS platform. Accepted papers will require that at least one author registers for the conference and ensures that the work is presented during Workshop sessions as planned in the conference programme.
Submission of Workshop Proposals
Workshop proposals will be evaluated as they are received. Please submit your proposal (PDF file) via EDAS at https://ieeeisc22020.edas.info by July 1, 2020. Details of approved Workshops will be posted on the Conference Website as soon as acceptance decisions have been made.
Should you need further clarifications or have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Workshop Co-Chairs:
- Workshop Proposal Deadline – July 1
- Workshop Paper Submission Deadline – July 30
- Workshop Acceptance Notification – August 22
- Workshop Camera Ready Deadline – September 10
- Conference Dates – September 28 – October 1