CIS is trialling a new Participation grant scheme in 2023 to encourage additional students to participate in selected CIS conferences: Participation grants for non-lead student authors/non-author students.
The scheme is targeted towards research students who are either (a) a co-author of a paper but ineligible for student travel grant (as per the criteria on the above page), or (b) a non-author from a research group with registered paper at the conference.
The aim is to encourage additional participants, especially those in early phase of their research degree, to attend the conference and interact with peers and experts. A small number of grants will be approved under this scheme will cover the student early registration fee for the successful candidate. The grant will be in the form of digital reimbursement after the in-person participation in the conference as a registered attendee.
To apply for this participation grant:
- You must be an IEEE CIS member to apply for the grant.
- Submit the application through the same link as used for the travel grants, given on https://cis.ieee.org/activities/membership-activities/travel-grants
- Attach a short cover letter, clearly indicating that you are applying as a non-lead author / non-author student.
- Attach a supporting letter from your supervisor (preferably the senior author on the paper against which the application is made)
For any queries regarding the grants, please contact the CIS travel grants subcommittee chair Dr. Hemant Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to become an IEEE/CIS member?
- Become an IEEE member – full details at https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=MEMIEEE500
- Become an IEEE CIS member – full details at https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=MEMCIS011