Call for Grand Challenges
Call for Grand Challenge Proposals
MMSP 2020 is the IEEE 22nd International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. The workshop is organized by the Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS), with the aim to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, passionate about multimedia signal processing, to share their knowledge, exchange ideas, explore future research directions and network.
IEEE MMSP 2020 invites proposals for its Grand Challenges program. We invite the MMSP community to collectively define and tackle the Grand Challenges in multimedia domain for the next 5 years. MMSP Grand Challenges aim to inspire new ideas in the MMSP community and create momentum for future collaborative work. Challenge papers will be indexed as regular papers or demo papers in the proceedings of MMSP.
We are looking for exciting and stimulating challenges including but not limited to the following categories:
- Image / video compression, restoration and processing
- Speech / music / audio processing
- Sound source localization and separation
- Multimedia communications and networking
- Multimedia quality assessment
- Internet of Things (IoT)-based multimedia systems and applications
- Multimedia security and forensics
- Multimedia interaction
- Multimedia big data analytics
- Deep learning for multimedia
- Multimedia processing for tele-medicine and health care
Grand Challenges - Submission of Proposals
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 Aril, 2020.
The proposals should include the following information:
- One-page long call for participation
- Host Organization
- Coordinator Contacts
- Challenge Title
- Grand Challenge description
- Potential Participants
- Evaluation Criteria and Methodology
- Guidelines for Proponents
- Submission Deadline
- Additional Information
Proposals Submission: 01 April, 2020
Decisions: 10 April, 2020
Grand Challenge - Submission of Papers
We provide two options for the accompanying papers:
- go to the workshop IEEExplore proceedings as regular papers (Meet the camera ready paper DDL)
- go only to the electronic proceedings, which will be distributed on memory sticks at the event, as demo papers.
Prospective authors are invited to submit regular (full length, 4-6 pages) or demo papers (1 page).
Camera-ready regular paper submission: 26 July, 2020
Demo paper submission: 23 August, 2020
Jiaying Liu, email@example.com