Call for Special Sessions
The technical program of MMSP2020 will include 3 – 4 special sessions on new or emerging topics related to multimedia signal processing, this year we particularly welcome session related to the main focus of MMSP2020 “enabling immersive audio-visual experience for the benefit of people and industries”. Proposing sessions on other cross-disciplinary research is highly encouraged as well.
Each special session will consist of 4-5 oral presentations. The special session proposal should contain the following information:
- A title for the special session, the names and contact information of the organizers;
- A brief description of the session (up to one page)
- Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact information.
- 4-5 tentative papers with title, authors and short abstract.
Special session proposals will be evaluated immediately upon submission based on the timeliness of the topic, its uniqueness, and qualifications of the proposers. Accepted special sessions will be listed on the MMSP2020 website. To avoid multiple special sessions covering similar topics, it is likely that an accepted proposal will be combined with similar proposals. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper for the special session.
Deadline for Special Session Proposals submission: May 10, 2020
Notification of acceptance of the proposal: immediately upon submission
- Submission of papers for approved Special Sessions: July 14, 2020
- Notification of papers acceptance: July 27, 2020
- Deadline for camera-ready papers: August 16, 2020
The papers should be formatted following the Author’s kit instructions. They should be submitted through the regular submission system and will undergo the same peer-review process as regular papers.
Proponents of special sessions are invited to submit their proposals in pdf attached to an email to the address email@example.com, with the Subject line: ‘Special Session Proposal’.