In continuation of this year’s organization and arrangements, the Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee (MMSP-TC) has decided the venue of the IEEE 23rd International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. IEEE MMSP 2021 will be held in Tampere, Finland on October 06-08, 2021.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at MMSP 2021 in Tampere, Finland. Our wish is to organize the workshop as a regular physical event in Scandic Rosendahl. However, opportunities for remote presentations will be offered for persons who cannot travel due to extended pandemic risks.
Call for Papers
The workshop is the 23rd in the series, organized by the Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS), with the aim to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, passionate about multimedia signal processing, to share their knowledge, exchange ideas, explore future research directions and network.
Prospective authors are invited to submit regular and special session papers (full length, 4-6 pages) and demo papers (1 page). Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Papers are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Image / video analysis
- Image / video compression
- Image / video restoration and processing
- Machine listening for analysis of acoustic scenes
- Speech / music / audio processing
- Sound source localization and separation
- Multimedia communications and networking
- Multimedia quality assessment
- Internet of Things (IoT)-based multimedia systems and applications
- Multimedia hardware design
- Multimedia databases and digital libraries
- Multimedia security and forensics
- Multimedia interaction
- Multimedia big data analytics
- Deep learning for multimedia
- Multimedia processing for tele-medicine and health care
- Augmented, mixed and virtual reality
- Multimedia systems for emerging applications
- Special Session / Grand Challenge proposal submission: 30th April 2021
- Regular and Special Session paper submission: 28th May 2021
- Notification of paper acceptance: 16th July 2021
- Demo paper submission: 13th August 2021
The technical program of MMSP2021 will include 3 – 4 special sessions on new or emerging topics related to multimedia signal processing, this year we particularly welcome session related to the main focus of MMSP2021 that is the use of multimedia technologies for remote presence. Proposing sessions on other cross-disciplinary research is highly encouraged as well.
Each special session will consist of 4-5 oral presentations. The special session proposal should contain the following information:
- A title for the special session, the names and contact information of the organizers;
- A brief description of the session (up to one page);
- Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact information;
- 4-5 tentative papers with title, authors and short abstract.
Special session proposals will be evaluated immediately upon submission based on the timeliness of the topic, its uniqueness, and qualifications of the proposers. Accepted special sessions will be listed on the MMSP2021 website. To avoid multiple special sessions covering similar topics, it is likely that an accepted proposal will be combined with similar proposals. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper for the special session.
- Deadline for Special Session Proposals submission: April 30, 2021
- Notification of acceptance of the proposal: immediately upon submission
- Submission of papers for approved Special Sessions: May 31, 2021
- Notification of papers acceptance: July 09, 2021
- Deadline for camera-ready papers: August 09, 2021
The papers should be formatted following the Author’s kit instructions. They should be submitted through the regular submission system and will undergo the same peer-review process as regular papers. Proponents of special sessions are invited to submit their proposals in pdf attached to an email to the address email@example.com, with the Subject line: ‘Special Session Proposal’.
We are looking forward to your proposals!