PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CAMERA-READY SUBMISSION
(For accepted papers ONLY)
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your final manuscript. All final manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE 2-column format. Accepted Full papers are limited in length to five (5) pages including figures, tables, and references. Short papers are limited to three (3) pages. Papers exceeding the page limits will not be accepted. Use the IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format found at IEEE templates to prepare your final manuscript.
Paper Submission Instructions
Step 1: Prepare your revised final manuscript
- Please address reviewers’ comments and revise your paper accordingly before submitting the final camera-ready version.
- Please make sure that all Figures and Tables are of high quality and their content is easily readable.
- Please don’t use author titles (Dr., Prof., Ing., etc.) in front of names and avoid using positions such as Professor, Lecturer, Scholar, Ing., etc.
- Please ensure that the submission information (including title, authors, abstract etc.) is updated with your most recent version.
- Remove all headers and footers including page numbering except the conference title and copyright notice described below.
Step 2: Add Copyright Notice
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper as shown in the footer of the attached document.
For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-6654-0311-5/21/$31.00 ©2021 Crown
For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
978-1-6654-0311-5/21/$31.00 ©2021 European Union
For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-6654-0311-5/21/$31.00 ©2021 IEEE
Step 3: Add Conference Title
Add the title of the Conference to the header so that it appears in every page of your paper (as shown in this document): 2021 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica
Step 4: Submit Camera-Ready Paper to EasyChair (via the proceedings role)
Submit your final Camera-Ready paper to EasyChair through the “proceedings role”. An email will be sent out to authors of all accepted papers when the proceedings role account is created.
Step 5: Complete and digitally sign the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form
Papers without completed copyright forms will not appear on the conference proceedings and will not be published in IEEE Xplore. The IEEE copyright transfer form can be filled in online easily through EasyChair. To do so, please follow the procedure below:
- Login into EasyChair and select the “proceedings role”
- From the “Copyright” tab of your EasyChair account, click on the title of your paper.
- Check that the paper title and the authors list are correct and correspond EXACTLY to those in the final camera-ready paper (NOTE: without the correct title and the complete list of authors with the right affiliations, the copyright transfer form is void and the paper cannot be included in the conference proceedings volume.
- Click on the “Sign Copyright Agreement” button and you will be redirected to the IEEE website for electronic copyright form submission. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- At the end of this procedure, the online IEEE Copyright Transfer Form will be displayed. Please date and write your name at the bottom of the Copyright Transfer Form and submit it.
- The form will be recorded in EasyChair and a copy sent to you by e-mail.
Step 6: Final submission of IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF
(Please wait for an email from us to do this) This final step would be done once we have determined that the papers meet all formatting requirements. We will send out an email when the PDF Xpress site for the conference is open.
The final paper must be converted into PDF with settings compliant with the requirements of the IEEE Xplore digital library. To this purpose, the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool should be used. PDF files generated in a different way might not be IEEE Xplore-compliant and could be rejected.
The instructions to generate an IEEE-Xplore-compatible PDF file using the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool are listed below.
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site .
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- 52236X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
- Upload the PDF validated by IEEE PDF eXpress via the EasyChair page of your paper before the deadline.
For any queries regarding paper submission, please contact the Publication Chair Kennedy Aganah at email@example.com