Dear PowerAfrica 2021 Presenter,
On behalf of the 2021 PowerAfrica Organizing Committee, we would like to inform you that presentations will be made virtually via recorded videos. By agreeing to provide your presentation material and registering for the conference, your work will be published and searchable in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library (if applicable). Your presentation material will only be made available to conference attendees (i.e., those who have registered for the conference) for a limited period of time, beginning 23rd August 2021.
Authors – Given the virtual format of the conference, your Paper Presentation needs to be pre-recorded. Depending on your speech, it can be a video of yourself speaking to the audience, or a Voice over Powerpoint. Details on how to record your presentations are listed below.
Paper presentation: 13 minutes (15 minutes maximum)
It would be greatly appreciated if you could upload UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION NO LATER THAN July 30th, 2021. A link will be provided shortly.
We highly encourage you to include a video presentation of your work both to allow you the opportunity to explain your work and get more exposure to the audience, as well as making the conference more informative, valuable and engaging for the attendees. Your presentation material will only be made available to conference attendees (i.e. those who have registered for the virtual conference) for a limited period of time, beginning 23rd August 2021.
Please use the powerpoint template below to prepare your presentation for the conference
For any question(s), do not hesitate to contact the Technical Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennedy Aganah, Ph.D, SMIEEE
Chair, Technical Program Committee of IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica 2021 Conference
Preparing and Recording Your Virtual Presentation
Audio/Video File requirements:
- All files must be in MP4 Format.
- A bit rate of 1mbps or less (*Note: The platform will accept videos with a higher bit rate, but some quality may be lost during the upload process).
- File size should not exceed 500 MB.
- Resolution of 720p HD is recommended.
- Presentation lengths:
- Exhibitor Technical Presentations not to exceed 30 minutes
- Tutorials not to exceed 2 hours, broken down in 1-hour segments.
- Technical paper presentations not to exceed 15 minutes
- Keynote / Plenary speeches not to exceed 30 minutes
- Workshops / Special Sessions not to exceed 60 minutes
- Panel sessions not to exceed 60 minutes
- Please use the following naming convention: (add Pt1, Pt2…. if more than 1 video per session)
- Technical Papers – <session code as on technical program>_paper_<paper ID as in Easychair>. For example, if paper # 10 is in session 2b on the program, name the file as “2b_paper_10”.
- Keynotes – Keynote_First-name_Last-name. For example, “Keynote_John_Doe”.
- Panels – Panel_First-name_Last-name. For example, “Panel_John_Doe”.
- Tutorials – Tutorial_First-name_Last-name. For example, “Tutorial_John_Doe”.
- Workshops – Workshop_First-name_Last-name. For example, “Workshop_John_Doe”.
Tips for recording:
- Use as quiet an area as possible;
- Avoid areas that have echo;
- Rooms should be fairly small.
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture.
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection;
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer;
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Uploading Your Presentation to the Virtual Event Platform: After you have prepared your MP4 video file, instructions on where to upload your presentation will be provided to you as we get closer to the conference start date. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Uploading Your Virtual Presentation
After you have prepared your MP4 video file, instructions on how to upload your presentation will be provided to you as we get closer to the conference start date. If you have any questions about the video preparation process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standards and Templates (for PPT, PPTX, and PDF):
|Format||PPT / PPTX|