Ministry of Energy Endorsement
Engineers Board of Kenya
The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a statutory body established under Section 3(1) of the Engineers Act 2011. The Board has the overall mandate of developing and regulating engineering practice in Kenya.
The Mandate of the Board is derived from the core functions as set out in the Engineers Act, 2011. The Mandate of EBK is:
- Registration of engineers and engineering consulting firms;
- Regulation of engineering professional services;
- Setting of engineering standards;
- Development of the general practice of engineering; and
- Training and capacity development
In fulfilment of the mandate on training and capacity development the Board recognises 2020 IEEE PowerAfrica Conference as a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Event and has allocated 12 Professional Development Units (PDUs) to be awarded to all engineers registered with the EBK for attending the conference.