PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Conference solicits original state-of-the-art contributions as well as review papers. Manuscripts should be at most Five (5) pages maximum in IEEE two-column format and must be submitted in PDF format via the Conference web-site. Accepted, peer-reviewed papers may be published in the Conference proceedings. Please note all papers MUST be presented at the conference in order to be included in IEEE Xplore. If you do not present your paper at the conference, it will not be posted to Xplore however it will be an IEEE copyrighted and published paper as it will be in the conference proceedings.
Please visit here to view the topics of interests for the Conference.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CAMERA-READY SUBMISSION
(For accepted papers ONLY)
Please read the following steps carefully:
Steps for Camera-ready submission:
- Create your manuscript(s).
- Proof-read and check the format of your manuscript (do this before going to IEEE PDF eXpress).
- Create IEEE PDF eXpress account.
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- When notified, obtain your Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Submit the properly formatted, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to IEEE PowerAfrica Conference website via EasyChair (use Proceedings Role).
- Submit completed Copyright Form
Final manuscripts are to be submitted in IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF format via EasyChair.
- Create your manuscript as specified in the template provided. The title, author names, affiliations, etc. should strictly follow the format. Please don’t use author titles (Dr., Prof., Ing., etc.) in front of names and avoid using positions (Professor, Lecturer, Scholar, Ing., etc.). The paper title shall be in normal fonts (NOT CAPS). You can download the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings here.
- Proofread and check the layout of the paper. All papers submitted through EasyChair are considered to be in their final form and ready for publication. Do not submit your paper until you are ready. A good suggestion is to have a few colleagues review your paper to provide final remarks on its suitability before submitting it.
Manuscript length: 5 pages maximum. This is a strict page limit.
- Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Website. (www.pdf-express.org)
- Click “New Users – Click Here”.
- Enter 49420XP for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
- Check that the contact information is still valid and click “Submit”.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- Enter 49420XP for the Conference ID, email address and password.
- Upload source file(s) for conversion
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title”.
- Enter identifying text for paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion”.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
- If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check:
- Submit your source file for conversion by clicking Try Again, the Submit Source Files for Conversion, or
- Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or
- “Request Technical Help” through your account.
If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
- Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try Again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion), or
- Submit a PDF by clicking Try Again, then Submit PDF for Checking, or
- “Request a Manual Conversion” through your account.
If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
Submit your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF to IEEE PowerAfrica Conference website via Easychair (use Proceedings Role). Please note that PDF eXpress only creates the PDF files for you, and you should still submit the converted “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress” file, with an exact date and time stamp to PowerAfrica online submission system via EasyChair (Submit via PROCEEDINGS Role): Easy Chair PAC2020 Conference Link
- Copyright Form
In order to be published in the conference proceedings, all accepted papers MUST be accompanied by a signed IEEE Copyright Form. The signed electronic Copyright Form (eCF) should be submitted electronically through EasyChair.
Authors will receive an email for PowerAfrica 2020 IEEE Proceedings Paper. You will be required to submit their camera-ready paper using their EasyChair proceedings author (IEEE Proceedings) role for PowerAfrica 2020.
The following steps will lead you through the process of either transferring copyright or licensing publishing rights to IEEE. This is done through EasyChair.
a. Login to Easychair and choose the “author proceedings role”. This takes you to a page that looks the figure below.
b. Click on the “Sign Copyright Agreement”. This takes to the following page:
c. Click on “Sign IEEE Copyright Form”. This links you to the “IEEE Publication Agreement” page as shown below. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete, sign and submit the form. Please download the signed form for your own records.
Publication with IEEE is subject to the policies and procedures as described in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual. Authors must ensure that their Work meets the requirements as stated in Section 8.2.1 of the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual, including provisions covering originality, authorship, author responsibilities and author misconduct.
8. Instructions for Recording and Uploading Presentations – Coming Soon
For any queries regarding paper submission, please contact the Technical Program Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org